Tingley Garden Centre Opening Autumn 2022
Building work has begun at our new site – Tingley Garden Centre, located off Thorpe Lane in Tingley, South Leeds, within minutes of junction 28 of the M62.
This will be our second centre and, just like its sister store, Tong Garden Centre, Tingley will host our family of experiences for customers to enjoy within the garden centre including plants, garden, gift and home ranges as the seasons change as well as a choice of restaurants and Hearty’s Food Hall.
We’ll also be home to our second Grass Hoppers offering proper playtime both indoors and outdoors for toddlers and younger children plus we’re excited to introduce a brand new active outdoor adventure attraction for older children, due to open earlier, in Summer 2022.
“We were delighted to have the plans approved after 3 years working on this project. It’s been a big team effort and we’d like to thank all involved. All being well, we intend to start on the site in mid July with the doors open to the public next July”
“We have learnt a lot over the last 6 years at Tong and we intend to apply that knowledge to help create a top class garden centre with something for all the family. We hope it can be a great addition to the South Leeds area. We are very excited about the addition of the adventure play area which, in addition to our Grass Hoppers play area at Tingley, will offer children right up to the age of 14 an exciting space to enjoy themselves”.
“Finally, our business is all about our people and we are so pleased that this will create career opportunities for our existing team as well as creating up to 250 jobs for local people.”
From plants to gardening, stylish outdoor furniture, BBQs and garden lighting to gorgeous gift and home ranges, indoor plants and a magical transformation at Christmas time, Tingley Garden Centre will bring together an inspiring mix of lifestyle and gardening, always delivered by a team of friendly and knowledgeable experts.
Grass Hoppers Play
Hoppy Times! Grass Hoppers is coming to Tingley and proper playtime means amazing indoor soft play plus outdoor fun in our supersized playground, all accessed with your entry ticket! Always safe and secure with great facilities from changing rooms, highchairs and a picnic zone to yummy ice cream and great grub on the menu at Woody’s Kitchen.
NEW Outdoor Adventure Play
OPENING SUMMER 2022, a brand-new outdoor attraction for families with children aged from 6 to 14 years. Set outdoors in over 4 acres, experience an all-inclusive day of adrenaline-pumping active entertainment, perfect for family days, treats and celebrations, school trips and team building. Discover exciting yet challenging active zones including high ropes, adventure climbing, jump challenge pillow, giant swings and slides, crazy golf and water activities.
Just as here at Tong, Tingley Garden Centre will bring you our family-friendly restaurant, Blooms Kitchen, with the same menu of favourites including our blooming good cooked breakfast, tasty carvery sandwich, jackets and paninis, our ever-popular meat and potato pie and of course, our irresistible choice of cakes, cream-filled scones and traybakes, not to mention Blooms Seasonal Afternoon Tea.
Hearty’s Food Hall
Whether it’s something tasty for tea, an everyday treat or a thoughtful gift, Hearty’s Food Hall at Tingley will be filled with a tempting choice of lovingly-made, hand-crafted and carefully selected food with heart! As well as our butchery, bakery and deli, discover the superb choice of sweet and savoury ‘heartisan’ produce from Yorkshire and beyond.
Now under construction, Tingley Garden Centre is located on the former Acanthus Golf Club Site, off Thorpe Lane in Tingley, South Leeds.
Tingley Garden Centre will open in Autumn 2022, as will Hearty’s Food Hall and Grass Hoppers Play. The new Outdoor Adventure Play will open in Summer 2022.
Yes, Tingley will be home to our second Grass Hoppers play and will offer the same indoor and outdoor experience as well as Woody’s Kitchen but you’ll find some alternative activities such as gel pillows and musical drums.
Yes, Blooms Kitchen – our recently renamed family restaurant – will also be at Tingley Garden Centre serving family favourites at lunchtime, cooked breakfasts and our seasonal afternoon tea plus coffee and our delicious cakes and traybakes.
Yes, Hearty’s Food Hall will be within Tingley Garden Centre with a butchery, bakery and deli as well as a wide choice of sweets, treats, craft beers and gins, teatime options, gift ideas and hampers.
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR GREAT TEAM?
We pride ourselves on having an award winning culture, which is only made possible by our GREAT team, so recruiting GREAT people for our new Tingley site is our People and Culture’s priority this year.
We’ll have vacancies right across our business, and here is a summary of what that will look like:
QUARTER 1: SITE BASED OFFICE ROLES
- People and Culture (We’ll be looking for a ‘HR’ Business Partner to lead on all things People and Culture)
- Finance (We’ll be seeking people with a passion for numbers, a Senior Finance Assistant and Finance Assistant)
- Marketing (An onsite Marketing Coordinator will help us ensure we have GREAT signage and deliver epic events on site all year round)
QUARTER 2: ADVENTURE PLAY
This is our brand-new outdoor attraction for families with children aged from 6 to 14 years. Set over 4 acres, customers will be able to experience an all-inclusive day of adrenaline-pumping active entertainment, perfect for family days, treats and celebrations, school trips and team building. Area’s we’ll be managing include a challenging active zones including high ropes, adventure climbing, jump challenge pillow, giant swings and slides, crazy golf and water activities. Therefore we’ll be looking for people who love working outdoors, in a customer service capacity, as we look to fill a number of roles:
- Managers (To oversee our high ropes, the wider adventure play area, our pizza based restaurant, giftshop and entry and our outdoor catering units) – Expected start dates in May/June 2022
- Supervisors (Supporting our managers in the areas above) Expected start dates in June 2022
- Assistants (In all the areas we’ve outlined above) Expected start dates in June 2022
- Cleaners – Expected start dates in July 2022
- Grounds person (to help maintain the outdoor area and keep on top of ‘odd jobs’ that are required to keep the area clean and safe – Expected start date in July 2022
QUARTER 3: MANAGERIAL AND SPECIALIST ROLES
- Centre Manager and Assistant Centre Manager – Expected start dates July 2022
- Kitchen Manager – Expected start dates July 2022
- Head Chef – Expected start dates July 2022
- Catering Manager (FOH) – Expected start dates July 2022
- Department Managers (Retail, Warehouse and Play) – Expected start dates August 2022
- Department Supervisors (Retail and Play) – Expected start dates August 2022
- Food Hall Manager – Expected start dates August 2022
- Food Hall Supervisors – Expected start dates August 2022
- Bakers – Expected start dates August 2022
- Chefs – Expected start dates August 2022
QUARTER 3: SHOP FLOOR TEAM
All expected to start around store opening (September/October 2022)
- Catering Opportunities (Kitchen Assistants, Kitchen Porters & Catering Assistants)
- Food Hall Assistants (Bakery, Butchers, Hearty’s)
- Retail Assistants (Plants, Giftware & House Plants, Leisure & Gardening)
- Grass Hoppers Assistants
- Tills and Customer Services Assistants
- Cleaners and Utilities Assistants
To express your interest, please fill in the vacancy form and once we have opened up the vacancies, we’ll let you know. Alternatively, keep an eye on our careers page (click here) for more information